aaregina.com is focused on information relevant to our local AA community. It is also maintained as an information source on AA in general, for anyone curious about what Alcoholics Anonymous is and what we do.
For all positions within Intergroup, a commitment of your time and a desire to be of service, are the main qualifications.
- The Webservant should be someone having a good level of sobriety, two years is suggested.
- The Webservant should have a good knowledge of organizing and maintaining a website.
The Webservant is a member of the office committee. The office committee is one part of Regina and Area Intergroup.
Position Description and Duties
The Webservant and committee:
- Make all efforts to ensure the website is relevant.
- Make amendments to the calendar and list of upcoming events in a timely manner.
- Make amendments to the online meeting lists in a timely manner.
- Make all efforts possible to ensure that anonymity is preserved for all content on this site.
- Make all efforts possible to ensure that any material on this site is in keeping with all of AA’s other Traditions.
“Public information takes many forms – the simple sign outside a meeting place that says ‘A.A. meeting tonight;’ listing in local phone directories; distribution of A.A. literature; and radio and television shows using sophisticated media techniques. Whatever the form, it comes down to ‘one drunk carrying the message to another drunk,’ whether through personal contact or through the use of third parties and the media.” – Bill W.